Salticrax? Yes, as in the Salticrax you put caviar on while enjoying your glass of bubbly on the side! Or perhaps you prefer cream cheese and beer with your Salticrax. No matter, one of Baker’s finest is the deliciously salty Salticrax and with Sparkle Belly Corner where there is salt, there is sweet usually chasing after. In this case, the salt married the sweet and the result is three separate yet equally yummy chocolate Salticrax sandwiches. This recipe is easy, fun and lip-smackingly moreish…
Enjoy and as always with Sparkle Belly Corner Recipes customise, chop and change, to make YOUR ultimate Chocolate Salticrax Sandwiches.
Enough with the formalities… Sparkle Belly Corner is happy to introduce:
1. The Dark Chocolate, Marshmallow-Centre Salticrax Sandwich, with Caramel Sprinkles
2. The Milk Chocolate, Peanut Butter-Centre Salticrax Sandwich, with Crushed Peanut Dust
3. The White Chocolate, Hazelnut-Spread-and-Pretzel Salticrax Sandwich, with Rainbow Sprinkles
WHAT YOU NEED TO CREATE THE YUMMINESS:
Salticrax 200 g (Possibly Two – Sparkle Note)
6 TBSPS. Crunchy Peanut Butter, Soft/Melted
4 TBSPS. Hazelnut Spread, Soft/Melted
Small Bag of Marshmallows
4 x 80 g Slab Milk Chocolate
4 x 80 g Slab White Chocolate
2 x 100 g Slab 85% Lindt Dark Chocolate
Small Bag of Salted Pretzels, Snapped into Pieces
Small Bag of Salted Peanuts, Ground/Crushed
Ground Sea/Kosher Salt (Optional)
HOW TO MAKE THE YUMMINESS:
1. Line a tray with a silicone/baking mat. Place two Salticrax biscuits on top of each other and line three rows (for the three different types of sandwiches).
2. Then take the top biscuit of the top row and place on a microwave-safe plate. Stack each biscuit with a marshmallow, and place in the microwave for about 15 seconds or until the marshmallow puffs up. Remove from microwave.
3. Place a Salticrax biscuit on top of each of the Marshmallows and gently squish down to secure. Line them up like before.
4. Take the top biscuit of the second row of Salticrax biscuits and place on a plate. If you haven’t melted the peanut butter already, place in a small bowl and melt for 15 seconds in the microwave. Then spoon on a dollop of peanut butter on each biscuit.
5. Reunite these biscuits with the remaining second row of biscuits – so that the peanut butter is securely sandwiched between the Salticrax biscuits.
6. Take the top biscuit of the last row of Salticrax and place them on a plate. Once again, if you haven’t already, place the hazelnut spread in a microwave-safe bowl and melt for 15 seconds. Spoon on the mix on to the biscuits and carefully place the snapped pretzels on top of the spread – don’t let too much of the pretzel stick over the edge of the biscuit’s circumference.
7. Carefully, slide these back onto the silicone mat and put the remaining biscuits on top. It is a messy business at times. But enjoy the process (lick those utensils).
8. Place this sheet in the fridge to chill for ten to 15 minutes. It’s easier to dip in chocolate when the centres are cold.
9. Break up the slabs of chocolate in pieces and in three separate microwave-safe bowls, place the dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate.
10. After your tray and contents have chilled, remove from the fridge. Place the dark chocolate in the microwave and melt for a minute; remove and stir; thereafter if it hasn’t melted place back for ten-second increments until it is melted (be careful not to burn it).
11. Once melted, take the marshmallow centred biscuits and dip the one whole side into the dark chocolate (use a spoon to help); try not get too much on the bottom, this will be dipped a bit later. Place the “clean” side down on the silicone mat. And finish with the caramel sprinkles. Don’t worry too much if the excess chocolate drips on the mat.
12. Repeat this process with the peanut butter centred biscuits – melt the milk chocolate in the microwave. Then dip most of the sandwich in the chocolate; leaving only the bottom “clean” and place on the silicone mat. Finish with the crushed peanuts.
13. And finally, melt the white chocolate and dip the hazelnut-and-pretzel centred biscuits in it. Flip the “clean” side on the silicone mat and finish with rainbow sprinkles and ground/kosher salt (if you have a serious sweet tooth leave the salty finish).
14. Pop this into the fridge to set (approximately 20 – 30 minutes; possibly longer if you are in dreadful heat or humidity). Don’t pack away the sprinkles and melted chocolate yet.
15. Once the chocolate is no longer sticky to touch. You can remove the tray from the fridge. Flip over each sandwich (see this is why silicone mats are the bomb) and try not get a fright. It looks like a Picasso piece when you flip them (it might just be me but who gives a sprinkle).
16. Take the remaining milk/dark/white chocolate and reheat if necessary. Dip each of the sandwiches with the corresponding chocolate and finish with crushed nuts/sprinkles/salt. And then place it back in the fridge for 15 minutes or until it is set.
17. Then choose the prettiest side of each sandwich, take photos for Instagram/Social Media and enjoy with some freshly brewed coffee or piping hot tea.
Let the delicious times roll!
Get more than one Salticrax packet – just in case one or two is broken or your Great Dane/husband/toddler/teenager inadvertently dropped the one to look for Scoobie snacks.
Cut the Salticrax Sandwiches in half for a less decadent experience.
Really invest in a silicone mat or few if you haven’t already got. I hate kitchen gadgets and fidgety items. But this is the one thing that I highly recommend. There are a few options available online. View them here.
The sprinkles can be chopped or changed to fit your pantry, preference or pocket.
DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE HERE…SPARKLE ELLIE’S 3 WAY CHOCOLATE SALTICRAX SANDWICH
If you enjoyed this recipe, please give us a share on Social Media or pop us a comment below or on Facebook etc. And please, please send pics if you try any of the Sparkle Belly Corner Recipes.
To view more Sparkle Recipes: Click Here.
Follow Sparkle Ellie: